Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings, I am thankful that I can hear.
There are many who are deaf.
Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible,I am thankful that I can see.
Many are blind.
Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising,I am thankful that I have the strength to rise.
There are many who are bedridden.
Even though I grumble at the clothes I wear,I am thankful for the collection of clothes I have.
There are many who don't have an assortment to wear.
Even though some hours of my day is hectic, when socks are lost,toast is burned, tempers are short, my children are so loud,I am thankful for my family.
There are many who are lonely.
Even though my face doesn't look so good like the pictures in the Fashion Magazine,I am thankful that I have all my features in my face complete.
There are many who cannot see, hear and talk.
Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, I am thankful for the food we have.
There are many who are hungry.
Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous,I am thankful for the opportunity to work.
There are many who have no job.
Even though at times, I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and sometimes wish my circumstances were not so modest,
I am thankful for life.
~~ Author Unknown ~~
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- Today my 3yo told me that he wanted to build a Lego® girl WITH boobies of course....
- I took too much of my medication this morning, on an empty stomach and have paid for it ALL day with dizzy and light headedness. It sucked. And because of that, I'm really tired now.
- It's supposed to snow at my mom's house on Thursday, and I'm going there for Thanksgiving of course, so we may get to see the snow fall!!
- I'm watching "so you think you can dance" and can't believe it was 2 hours long tonight!
- Why is it now that I've been in a wreck and hit by a Lexus SUV, that seems to be the ONLY vehicle I see all day long? Today, another white one almost hit me, it would have been a side impact - she ran the stoplight.
- My family rocks.
- My friends rock..... just sayin.
- I'm loving Digsby for all my social networking needs (no they didnt pay me to do that) I use it to combine aol, yahoo, twitter, facebook, myspace and gmail. I'm a social networking junkie I suppose. But then, you probably are too since you're reading my blog. bahahahaha.
- I can't wait to see The Blind Side, and plan to go by myself
FridaySaturday. Exciting. Only those who know me know why that's so exciting. I'm pretty much a "wait until it's on DVD" chick.
- I do NOT plan to be anywhere NEAR the mall on Friday, which is why you see my scratch thru on the previous post...This mama's almost done with her shopping, and did most ALL of it online with Etsy.com and a few other fav sites. Scored free shipping on most everything too!!
Monday, November 23, 2009
I'm pretty thankful that I can walk to the mailbox, because I know of people who have been in car accidents that were less then 40mph impacts who have loss of use of their legs, or major back injuries. S for THAT yes, I'm THANKFUL.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
... and for that I'm THANKFUL.
We were driving a loaner car today, because my car was in the shop for some repairs. We were headed to pick up big E on our regular route and had stopped for a car in front of us when a SUV came plowing into the rear of this Camry at 40mph. This picture may not look like it, but the front AND rear of this vehicle got smashed and the damage is around 7000.00. The entire rear end will have to be rebuilt. This would have nearly totaled my 2004 Honda Element. What matters most is that little J is FINE. He has some very minor bruises, a cut lip from biting it as we were hit, and never even cried for a second. In fact, he instantly said "wow mommy that was really loud, I think your engine is broken!! Will you hold my hand, it is scary!" We were the middle car, the car in front of us got smacked by our front end pretty good, but the drivers of both the car that hit us AND the car that we in turn hit - are FINE. I'm going to be ok, I'm very sore, my face hit the steering wheel before the seatbelt yanked me with hulk like force back into the seat, so I have some back and neck problems - but it could have been ALOT WORSE.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
leftover turkey, dressing, corn, green beans, gravy, potato salad, and even dessert....
Saturday, November 14, 2009
~Edward Sandford Martin
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
I'm thankful to have been present to see my nephews last band competition of his highschool years. Today was the last time he'll play in competition since he's a senior.
With tearful and proud eyes, I watched.
I listened.... and I cheered. Loudly and obnoxiously. On purpose.
Friday, November 6, 2009
If you have a moment, read her family's blog and her story HERE.
I'm thankful for Halloween leftovers. Not that I'm shoving candy in my face all day, but it IS nice to have a treat to sneak every once in a while!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Did I mention that Halloween is big J's birthday??? So, on top of all of that, we met papaw for lunch, and celebrated big J's birthday! We had white chocolate raspberry cheesecake + a balloon + cards, and a gift... busy day on Halloween!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
There's not much more to write about that... I'm thankful to have been given such a wonderful person to call my neice. I'm thankful that she's a little piece of my brother walking around in this world. I'm thankful that she's happy, and had a great birthday!