Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wednesday's 5, the late version...

Wow, this week has come and gone! Wednesday's 5 is basically my week review, I haven't posted much this month, it's just been so nice that I've spent alot of my time outdoors during the week! On the weekends, we just hang out with the kids outdoors and do some family stuff...we love spring!!!
5 things/happenings from around our house..
  1. Ezra's learning some interesting things in 4th grade. His IB class is touching several areas including the holocaust, along with US government branches and how they operate... IB is his favorite part of the day!

  2. We're painting tiny wood Easter eggs and a small wood Easter egg tree to use as our centerpiece this weekend... we ran out of white washable acrylic - so to the craft store I must go! I will post a photo of our finished project in our photo journal eventually!

  3. Jesse has decided that he will take one of the major steps in potty training... telling me every time he goes. I'm super excited for him! Soon enough he'll graduate from potty training! I'm not the potty Nazi, he's doing this 100% in his own time. He's proud to announce the items of interest in his diaper each and every time.

  4. Baby Trey was back in the hospital again this week, he's home now after a yucky virus that left him dehydrated. He's doing good now!

  5. And I end my 5 things about our week with this.... it seems that Jesse is going through some serious developmental changes, leaving him feeling a little anxious during certain parts of our day that are consistently routine... for now it's bath time anxiety. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that as the pediatrician suggested, this will pass as quickly as it arrived! It seems that between 18 months-2.5 years that most children go through small bits of anxiety on occasion because everything about them is changing... makes perfect sense after researching it a little more by reading some reliable information written by the experts in child development as well as talking to our pediatrician. Mommy intuition told me it wasn't a huge deal, but it's always reassuring to hear it out loud 'you're not alone in this!'. For some kids it's bedtime/naps, diaper changes, car rides, or even bath time. We remember very clearly that Ezra went through a period of bedtime anxiety around 3 years old!

0 comments: