Tuesday, January 29, 2008

2 years ago, this very moment


2 years ago, this very moment... Jesse Noah entered this world! It's so hard to believe how fast time has gone by. From finding out we were expecting, up until the second he was born - it was a life changing experience. Surprised by labor late in the evening of Jan 28, and then going to the hospital early morning on the 29th, we spent most of the day waiting on nature to take it's course... then several hours of effort on my part (emphasis on my part there, thanks - I'll take a bow) the doctor came in only to find that Jesse needed to be born by C-Section. He had his own agenda. So - off we went around 930pm.

10:09pm - Jesse was born. It was a while before I got to hold him, we stayed in the operating room a little longer then expected, but the moment we met I realized something - our hearts were changed forever. He stole our hearts with his beautiful little baby face.

So tonight I am feeling a bit selfish, sad, and happy all at the same time. Selfish, wishing I could make time stand still, just for a little while. Sad, that the middle of the night cuddles and feedings are a thing of the past. Happy, that I'm watching this baby we were blessed with grow into such a promising little guy!

Happy Birthday my little peanut. Mommy is so proud of how big you are getting!!

0 comments: