Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Project 365

I'm making a commitment for me. I have been reading a fellow blogger's feeds regularly, and she's inspired me to join in on Project 365. I think for personal reasons, as well as for journaling, this will be worth my time. Who doesn't have time to snap one photo a day? Just in effort to capture a memory. How many times do we forget the mundane? I want to embrace the mundane, it humbles me. I have started a smugmug.com subscription (not finished uploading - takes forever), not all of my entries will be journal entries - just photos. I plan to journal at least weekly and have at a short photo description listed with my photos, I may journal them in slideshow format if it's once a week. I love the suggestions on project 365.

Time flies, and so often I forget the little things in my life that made me smile on a particular day... or something new I may have done or tried. I need this for me, and my family... it's a documentary on it's own. After my brothers death, I've realized how precious pictures are ... they really do capture more then words can express. So, indulge me. I'm expecting no awards because I'm not a great photographer, and this is a personal project that I'm throwing myself at!

The first addition to my project is a photo of Jesse. I came around the corner with my camera, with all intentions of charging the batteries... to find him standing inside of the liftup seat on his sit and scoot car. He sat down and gave me a pose as if to plead with me that he was doing nothing wrong!!! Hilarious, and what a precious little puppy dog look!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Project365 is a great idea! Thanks for passing it along. I upgraded to a Flickr Pro account last night and added my first picture for 2008. Jonathan and I are still working out the best way to share our Project365 photos on our blog.

The picture of Jesse is great! He's a cutey.