Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random 8

The Rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

The Very Uninteresting Facts:

1. I’m a Southern Baptist preachers daughter. Growing up, I often felt like I was under the microscope of every parent in our church(s), and often – part of their gossip! As a teen, I did rebel – but nothing like the rumors of the average preacher’s daughter.

2. Richard Petty is actually a relative – a very distant one, but relative none the less. We never hang out, HA.

3. I wear my contacts – ALL the time. Never taking them out unless for the moment of cleaning, or changing them. Why? I’m so nearsighted that if I held a newspaper literally touching my nose I might be able to read it. My glasses are literally as thick as a glass coke bottle. And when I wore them to work once, my boss actually asked me “can you burn ants with those if you hold them in the sunlight?”… so – I wear my contacts thanks.

4. I like liver-mush. There – I said it. Fried please.

5. I have a freckle in my right eye’s iris, just by my pupil.

6. My first car was a VW Beetle – it was green, and had a manual roll-back sunroof, it was a 4 speed with no a/c and a special license plate that said SARAH2-2 (ballet)! I NEVER got to drive it… why? It got wrecked, by my very own brother!!!

7. My parents almost named me Angel Lynn. I’m guessing being a preacher’s kid named Angel, would have had it’s fair amount of teasing… smart move mom/dad – thanks!

8. In the last 36 months …
· I almost lost my husband to a major heart attack and 3-bypass surgery – after a simple stress test proved effective (he had the heart attack during the stress test). He was neither obese, or in poor health. He went on a whim after feeling ‘a little winded’ when helping a friend move. He made it through and 5 months later… we found out we were pregnant! An unplanned and very welcomed miracle. Being a mom is so changing, and wonderful!!
· My step-mother lost her life to a short, unbelievable battle with cancer.
· My oldest brother, a deeply loved best friend, passed away very unexpectedly…. 3 days prior to his passing, I was able to share some of the best birthday news I have EVER had – (my birthday was 1 day prior to his passing) – I was/am free and clear of cervical cancer/displaysia as of that very moment in time.

There is my random 8. Annette L. and Amy V. you have a blog, you’re it!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same eyesight! I used to wear my contacts ALL the time too. Now I MAKE myself take them out at night. The eye doctor told me some horror stories!