Saturday, September 29, 2007

Road trip


Off we go to Wilson, NC today! Jonathon and Ezra stayed home, relaxing and enjoying some guy time and went out to eat with Mimi and Papaw (why do I always miss out on dining out?) As planned, Jesse and I go to Wilson to visit Haleigh (Mike’s daughter) and Renee (Mike’s fiancĂ©). Nicholas (Mike’s son) couldn’t hang out today, he had band competition. I will see him on the next trip up in about 3 weeks. I’ve made a personal commitment to visit each month at least once.

Haleigh and I played ‘Mrs Mary Mack’ and M.A.S.H. – a lot. Things are much different with a girl (I have all boys, remember?). Haleigh is such a deep thinker, and is far more logical then I would have thought. She’s truly unique! I think maybe I shocked her by knowing what Mrs Mary Mack was, and how to play M.A.S.H. We had a great visit! Made it back home by 830pm, and Jesse was wide open for about 30 min when we got in - he missed daddy and brother!

0 comments: