Sunday, October 7, 2007

Mommy Musings

A Jesse moment.... Today Jesse went for nap at normal time - 1045 (new naptime he created) anyway, he was interrupted by a very loud noise, evidently our neighbor Donna went out to mow, and she ran over something, it was very loud and sounded like she broke her mower in the process.... so he slept 1 hour for nap - typically he's 2+ hours daily. So today, I decided to lay down with Jesse. Ordinarily, I wouldn't do this unless Jonathon was home, and he was - so I did. We took a 1 hour nap, I slept longer then him because I woke to find my sweet boy - melting my heart - rubbing my cheek the same exact way I rub his when I need to coax him out of sleep for any reason. He was just barely whispering, some special baby word, and brushing my cheek ever so lightly - and had the most sincere, deep look on his face. I just melted, once I opened my eyes, he kept on with my cheek and said 'hey' so sweet and just smiled at me then hugged and kissed me all over my face with wonderful baby slober!
Normally I wouldn't nap on the bed w/ him at home alone. I've read horror stories and have a strangely morbid fear that if something were to happen to ME during my sleep - he'd be all alone to wonder about the house unsafely - at least he'd be in his crib safe, otherwise. Today with Jonathon here, and the circumstances of a short nap earlier, it was an occasion for me to nap with him. We do that very rarely, and it's so wonderful when we do!!

An Ezra moment.... today we took the boys to Northlake (huge new swanky mall off of 77 near Harris) anyway, it's like Southpark, but more hip - they have a huge toddler play area and it was crowded today. I needed to get Jesse some shoes, he has none that fit. So I went to look for shoes while Jonathon took Jesse and Ezra to the play area. Ezra was in charge of Jesse, he acts like its an imposition, but he really has fun chasing Jesse around that place every time we have gone. It's as huge place, literally the size of a school classroom emptied with permanent fixed toys for toddlers to climb, slide and play on. They played and played, and Ezra was right on Jesse's trail to help him climb, etc. Jesse was running and accidentally bumped another toddler, causing him to fall. The baby cried. Jesse kept going, ignorant to his actions of course; Ezra walked over to where Jonathon was and said “Should I go apologize to that mommy and boy for Jesse since he can't? He didn't mean to hurt him, he did that on accident.” How insightful! He really is growing up so fast.

We have been blessed with two wonderfully sweet boys!!

0 comments: