Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday at sunrise

I absolutely want to scratch my eyes out love it when I wake up to the sound of a toilet flushing... at 6am. Ezra is our early riser, he always has been. I can't complain about that, most of the time he does well at respecting other people sleeping. Especially before the sun even comes up. HA! My rule is I'm not getting up until the sun does...so I lay there in bed this morning thinking Jesse would be up around 7am. Nope. He slept until 7:45am. So I went back to sleep :) Happy Mommy! We're all usually up around 8am on weekends, so both boys were up around then and we started our day (while daddy slept in from working until 3am on freelance work).

We spent the morning outdoors, playing in the sprinklers for a few minutes and hitting the ball with the bat some. Then mid-afternoon after our trip to the park, our yard became the neighborhood hangout while we were grilling out. I could sit and watch children of all ages play for hours - their interactions, differences, and laughter. Jesse didn't know what to think, the older kids were playing with him too!

I noticed on one of my errand runs today that there were alot of people in the neighborhood doing landscape touch ups or re-do's that looked wonderful. This of course made have the itch to plant even more. HA. I could kill a cactus really, but I think we've decided to change up our front landscape all together. We've lived here 5 years and had the same shrubbery that the house came with at purchase. I am going to Christy's Nursery this week to pick out some goodies! I'm even thinking I may hunt for a small decorative wooden wheel barrow to allow some planted flowers to run in it. I'm really just interested in adding a little color and new greenery.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day - maybe we'll be out of the house again enjoying the not so hot weather while it lasts!!

0 comments: