Sunday, December 23, 2007

A gathering like no other

Today we went to my dad's where there were appx 14 adults and 13 kids... a spread of food that passed for a small home style buffet and two Christmas trees with gifts for each little girl and boy in the house. It was a simple and laid back event, bring 1 gift for each child that you have of your own. We drew names - we had 2 to buy for. Otherwise, bring yourself and a covered dish and prepare to enjoy time together. After the yummy meal, there was a special remembrance of loved ones who couldn't be with us because they've gone before us... lighting of memorial candles and Denise and Dad said a few words about the loved ones that candles were lit in honor of, and after a moment of prayer and silence, we moved on to what was the most interesting event I've ever witnessed. When each of the 13+ kids (can't count them all in my head right now) had their gifts, chaos began!!! For each kid there were the single gifts from the other kids, and then there were gifts from gma and gpa... oh my it was just paper tossing and gasps of joy everywhere!!

I bet you're wondering why there are no photos? This would be because I walked out of my house and left my camera with freshly charged batteries sitting on the bar. I'm waiting to see if my dad sends me some pics to post... so check back on this post later!!

Both boys had a BLAST! They received lots of goodies... Ezra's favorite was the Lego's kit (of course) and Transformer's backpack, and Jesse's favorite was the V-tech baby laptop and Elmo book "It's Potty Time".

0 comments: