Thursday, April 17, 2008

create, encourage, nurture

I just received my copy of "the creative family", by Amanda Blake Soule; her blog has been inspiring me for a little under 6 months now so I can't wait to see what the book has in store for ideas of simple crafts and activities for the family.



A quote from the book, and it hits home. I'm not going to make it seem as if I have it 'together' all the time, I could stand some improvement in this area!
"A sad product of our modern world is that our children are taught early on to over consume and want more, more and more. Chances are that they do not need more toys, but fewer. When there are too many things around, there's little room for imagination. "
I'm guilty, and plan to manage this better starting today with going and buying some more storage totes, and organizing Jesse's toys into 4 or 5 totes with variety. Then we'll begin rotating them in and out of the multi-purpose room weekly... off to Target I go - for some storage bins!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell ya . . . we were separated at birth. I've been eyeing the very same book. Let me know how it is.