Sunday, April 27, 2008

weekend wrap-up

I haven't been in a writing mood in the past few days. That being said, here's a really random 'what's been going on':
  • Jesse's bath time screamfests (grossly exaggerated - more like pouty whining) have completely done a 360 (for about 3 weeks he's HATED it) - instead of screaming about having to get IN, he now fusses when I ask him to get OUT. What's that? He's two - maybe that's it?!?! I said this to another mom in public recently who was making small talk with me and she looked at me like she'd never had her kid whine/fuss/scream over anything. I wanted to offer her a serious cup of 'yeah right, get real' but instead I smiled, nodded and pretended I was the ONLY mom with a kid who has his own opinion (you know, other then mine). I figured she must need people to approve or feel like she's superior - poor thing. Conversation went well after bypassing the reality check.
  • Ezra has decided to participate in a talent show at school - he wants to sing. So, it looks like Spongebob's Jellyfish Jam, or something fun like that may be center stage and presented by our creative little rocker. He's also a Daughtrey fan - his fav. song is Crash. We're waiting on him to decide, and leaving it completely up to him!
  • I've taken another job from home, this is in addition to the one I already have. I am excited about the potential of paying off the cars - and also the idea that I'm almost working from home with the extra benefits that are priceless to me... I'm fortunate to be at home with my kids!
  • Jonathon went to the grocery store today, with 2 items on his 'to do' list. Grapes and banana's. Proof positive that I am a better fit for our shopping needs (and budget). He came home with 3#'s of red seedless grapes. Care to take a guess our cost of grapes today? Yeah - THREE POUNDS. Somehow he managed to pick the largest bag of grapes known to man. We'll never eat them in time! Ok - he didn't get specific instructions, so he gets an out. I never said HOW MUCH to get, just to get them. ~wink wink~
  • Oh yeah - I almost forgot... Friday as we were pulling out of the garage I was paying closer attention to someone walking on the sidewalk in front of my house (so I wouldn't hit them) and I managed to ignore my mirror/garage alignment and successfully ripped the passenger outside mirror right off the side of my car! It's one of those electronic ones, so it was just hanging there... I laughed it off (Ezra thought it was hilarious) and called work to ask if they'd order me one. They suggested I use wire cutters to cut the wiring and keep the mirror from beating up my door/paint. So I stopped at a gas station and found a Duke Power truck - those guys got a good laugh on Friday morning. Super nice Duke Power guys :).

0 comments: