Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Out of my funk now. Have a neat tip too...

Pessimism - was not what happened today. It was more like a low-spirited moment in my day. I'm not a self-proclaimed ray of sunshine at all times, I have bad days. I'm not going to go into a state of denial - I'm a real person and I have chose to use my blog to share, vent, inform, and most importantly to me - document our everyday lives. Hey - I'm human :)! So... today I decided to only do what I could, and put off the rest. No sense in stressing out over what we can't do anything about.

Jonathon went to the doctor today, he has a viral type deal going on in his head (understatement of the year, ALOT more then that is going on in his head - HA!)... He came home, napped and hung out with the humidifier. I spent the afternoon out and about w/ the boys (Ezra's spring break is this week), went to get a treat together and then stopped by the market to pick up fresh veggies and came home and made a yummy homemade potato soup w/ carrots, celery, onion and of course potato... it was my first time trying the recipe and I had to add a few extra bits of this and that to make it my own and it was seriously YUM! The family gave it thumbs up. After dinner Jonathon was feeling much better, and we went out and played with the boys, hung out with our neighbors and enjoyed the nice day!

What really does change my attitude is to receive three phone calls/text messages from 3 different friends today... it put me back into perspective. One friend is traveling home from VA to CA and had a layover in TX - her flight was cancelled from TX to CA because of grounding of the entire fleet of a certain model of aircrafts due to faulty wiring. She's possibly sleeping in an airport tonight with her 19 month old daughter. Another friend has a 2 week old son, who having digestive issues so similar to our Jesse's when he was an infant, she's so sad for her little guy and wants so bad for him to be comfortable. We've talked back and forth so much in the last 24 hours about different things to try to comfort him. And my 3rd call was from a friend who's due in 5 weeks - she's having to stay at her mom's house because she can't go up and down her own stairs constantly because of muscle strain. Evidently her little one on the way is a hefty little fellow, it's causing stress on her muscles. So - after talking with each of them I decided I was being a pansy :) My day wasn't so bad after all!

Oh....Here's the neat tip: a super cheap way to remove permanent marker from almost anything!

0 comments: