Sunday, April 6, 2008

why I think it's called 'practice'

I think it's called 'practicing' medicine for a darn good reason! Yesterday I took both boys for a sick visit to our ped's office. Both kids were deemed free of strep throat, and even though symptoms were different for each boy, I left with instructions to treat them both for allergies, and was assured they were not contagious.... so is it pure coincidence now that I have a terribly sore throat, stuffy nose and headache? It hit me like a ton of bricks last night around 8pm. I don't think the doc brought his A-game yesterday.... oh well, I'm sure he can't be right ALL of the time! He had a 50/50 shot yesterday, I think he got Ezra's right. Jesse is the one I feel has a cold.

Today's survival kit:

Vicks Chloraseptic Spray - Cherry Flavor
Motrin - 800mg please
Senseo Coffee Pods - Medium Roast
Ricola - don't you find yourself doing the 'riiiicollllaaaa' from the commercial now?
The Neti Pot - Fun Fun Fun, when your nose is on the run
and most of all my couch... oh.... HAHAHAHA that part was a big fat joke!!!!!

I'm giving a baby shower today to a very close friend, and the couch is not in my near future... rest assured all of the above will be used to it's greatest extent. Normally I prefer to let my body fight off things on it's own, but I am making myself as presentable as possible today!

0 comments: