Friday, April 4, 2008

virus, sniffles, and such


Virus....

After this week, I've decided officially that those Mac v/s PC commercials are purely ingenious. Sunday-Thursday I battled with a virus, on my computer. It invaded my start up settings, my Internet settings, and overall crippled my Internet accessibility. This put me behind in work, and it kept me busy with tech support at Norton for several hours. It's all better now. Being in a house with a Mac and a Windows PC, it's an understatement that Mac has an immune system like no other! How did I work? It was minimal, and I sent it from the Mac to my laptop and worked offline, then put it on a thumb drive and emailed from the Mac until mine was fixed. Uharji from Norton is a prize, he took over my laptop for just under 4 hours and worked like a whiz. Jonathon works on a Mac, lives by Mac, and will never use anything but a Mac. So, it's fair to say he's had fun with this... I on the other hand, have no choice but to use PC with my job! We're going to try the new program on Mac 'bootcamp' and see if I can work off of that, if so, then I'm going to be on the prowl for a Mac laptop!


Sniffles and such...

Today, I had to wake Jesse up, odd. I thought he was snoring when I went in the room, but it was actually a stuffy nose... The entire day was spent sneezing, rubbing watery eyes, and cleaning a drippy nose. Jesse's really only been sick about 5 times since birth, and out of those times it's been a 1-2 day run, and only once has he taken antibiotics. I gave him a tiny dose of Benedryl to help w/ the watery eyes and sneezing. At bedtime he seemed a little less stuffy, I am running the humidifier in his room tonight. With Jesse it's hard to tell if he has any other symptoms (ear, etc) he doesn't really talk about that too much, so I plan to pop by the sick clinic tomorrow to rule out any ear problems, otherwise, I'm betting we'll be told to do what we're doing... cool mist humidifier, keep the nose clear, drink plenty of fluids, treat the fever with motrin if necessary, and ride it out! I'm hoping it's nothing more then that.

Fast forward to 3pm when I pick Ezra up from school... Ezra gets in the car sniffling, sneezing and blowing his nose every 5 minutes. After 1 dose of Benedryl, he seems much more comfortable also. It's time for more Zyrtec for Ezra, he's a seasonal allergy boy! We'll take him with us for Jesse's sick visit tomorrow, just to get a quick look in his throat while we're there. Ezra's been quick to pick up strep in the past and has mentioned that his throat feels a little funn, so why not get more bang for our buck at the doctors office?!? It's been over 1 year since Ezra's had a sick visit! WOOHOO! We really have been fortunate!!!

0 comments: