Thursday, August 28, 2008

did the rain bring them here?

Black and Yellow Argiope - aka garden/writing spider... they're everywhere right now!!!
As I drove through the neighborhood this morning I noticed at least 15 other Argiope webs - some were much larger then ours, it was interesting how the fog and the moisture seemed to highlight the webs for a clear view. These not so little spiders work pretty darn hard!! It was literally overnight that I had 6 webs, artistically spun by these busy critters; I'm guessing maybe all of the rain and flash flooding we've had could have driven them out of the wooded area surrounding our neighborhood.

I noticed companion webs by by the web that the female is hanging out in - which means there was possibly some spider 'naughty' going on.... so I must take action and move our spider out into the wild jungle of the 'common ground' behind our house. I won't kill her, but I will move her. There's no real reason she should move her and her large load of babies in with us... even though the bite is 'harmless' according to everything I've read - I'm still not much on one of these baby's crawling anywhere near me!

0 comments: