Sunday, August 24, 2008

random review

I have a pretty heafty list of feed subscriptions, and I take time to read them each time they're updated. I found a meme posted on one of them recently and I just had to do it myself after reading it.... it's more of a 'review' then a quiz. My SIL had a questionnaire posted on her site a few weeks back and just knew that no-one would re-post it. IF anyone re posts this please leave a comment.

10 years ago I was:
…a smoker – I’ll admit it because now I’m a quitter! I’ve been proud to be a quitter now for a little over 5 years.
…not married, and dating someone that I thought was the person for me – I’m glad I woke up
.…my mis-spent youth was coming to a head.

5 years ago I was:
…newly married, stepmom, and in the middle of a very terrible battle for custody of my stepson (we have him – no worries there)
…wondering if I would be a good mom
…. Living in a very small apartment with my husband
…finding out that I was a candidate for cervical cancer
…quitting smoking – see the above line for why… as if I needed a reason… someone should have passed me an idiot sign



1 year ago I was:
…becoming very comfortable working from home, taking care of my 2 kids, and being mom
…mourning the loss of my brother.
....becoming a better me after some serious life changes



Yesterday I was:
…relaxed
…productive

…organizing for the new schedule during the school year

5 snacks I enjoy the most:

  1. Cheerios – Multi grain – dry, I like to eat like a 2 year old.
  2. Turtle Chex Mix
  3. Pistachio’s
  4. Grapes
  5. Granny Smith Apples
5 songs I know all the words to:
  1. Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice (thought I’d throw that out there… I’m not proud, but I know it)
  2. Imagine – John Lennon
  3. Mr. Tambourine Man – Bob Dylan
  4. The Space Between Us - Dave Matthews Band
  5. Janice Joplin – Me and Bobby McGee
5 ideal places for running away to:

  1. The beach
  2. The lake
  3. A park in the mountains
  4. … if no place away from home – my refuge is sometimes the bathroom – although it’s a rarity that I go it alone… I do have a toddler.
  5. Worst case scenario…and possibly the most dangerous – my mind.
5 items you will never see me wear:
  1. spandex
  2. Stilettos
  3. Fake lashes
  4. Fake nails – I was blessed with good nails J thanks mom!
  5. A string bikini – oh how I’ve resigned that those days are over… I’m accepting of myself so that’s ok. It was good while it lasted!
5 biggest joys in life:
  1. The birth of my son and the very first time he looked at me.
  2. My husband and 2 boys
  3. The sound of the ocean
  4. The smell of rain
  5. Chocolate and Carmel – together as they should be ;)

0 comments: