Tuesday, August 5, 2008

time to rest our weary heads...

We had a great trip; made it home mid-afternoon. This trip was my birthday trip, and tonight we had a great birthday dinner at home. I'm posting the last few photos (very few), we gave the camera a break on the way home...
After a brief trip back through Charleston and North Charleston a stop at Olive Garden (for my birthday), we hit the highway for home... the boys were pooped! I'm glad to be home to sleep in my own bed tonight, I think Jesse was glad to be back in his too :). Above: One last photo of a work of art... St. Matthews Lutheran Church, Charleston SC Out of all of the buildings in Charleston downtown area, the churches stick out because of their steeples and arches and stained glass. Absolutely beautiful architecture.
Below: The Shipyard where the Hunley Submarine is located - we went for a look today before leaving, only to find that they only offer guided tours on Saturday and Sunday. I should have researched that better!

Above and Below: two tired boys.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and I am glad that you guys made it home safely. I wanted to call you today but was not sure when you would be home and did not want to intrude of the family's last vacation day!

Talk to you tomorrow!