Saturday, August 2, 2008

sand in our toes....

I'll keep up blog posting at night, we're sharing a king size bed w/ Jesse, so I'm beside him while he's sleeping. We have not had him sleep in our bed yet at home, but on vacation - we make it a point to make him feel safe and secure. So this is what we'll do! I'll upload pics and update the blog while he snoozes. He sleeps ALL over the place! He sleeps very soundly. We'll get kicked in the face on this vacation - for sure. Doubtful that I'll sleep sound.
We arrived around 3pm today; unpacked, then headed out to Charleston for dinner. The place we're staying at is a small villa 1 block away from the ocean. Above: small family room
Below: master bed (where I am right now, HA!)

We ended up at Hymans Seafood... where we sat at the table that Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick sat at...we didn't know this was part of the deal - but it was interesting to know about he celebrity appearances at this little dive.Above: people waiting to eat at Hymans Seafood
Below: where we sat - someone famous once sat also! Just a neat little part of eating there... their she crab soup is divine. The meal was pricey, but that's what you get for being a tourist. We brought our own stuff for breakfast/lunch and plan to have dinner out.

Their pretty spiral staircase...
After dinner, we drove around a bit and looked at historical houses and then returned to the beach for some time in the sand/water before sunset. It is Jesse's first time ever! He loved it!! Even drank some ocean water after a few waves...



I posted all pics and a couple beach videos on our smugmug site - just send me an email for the password if you don't already have it. Since I'm the human bed rail for now (he still sleeps in his crib at home)... I'll be here posting nightly while Jonathon watches something in the living room...he's a night owl. I'm watching TV very quietly while I'm posting. It's been a great day, and tomorrow we plan to get up and head out the the beach early - before it gets too hot for our boys to enjoy it. Then after a lunch and a nap, we'll likely head out to the Charleston Aquarium.

0 comments: