Friday, November 23, 2007

The List


We're 99% done! Christmas shopping began last year after Christmas for me. We don't go overboard in general, and this year is even more frugal then ever! We prefer to do for the kids, and give a simple gift to Grandparents from the kids. Time together as a family, watching the little ones light up with excitement, enjoying some good home cooked food, you can't put a pricetag on that. That's plenty for me! I love decorations, the all of the smells of Christmas, and the laughter of kids.

I went to Toys R Us today because they had a Jack in the Box (one exactly like I had when I was little) and saw INSANITY. I can't get my head around parents spending hundreds of dollars on Christmas each year. There were several couples in there with multiple carts filled as high as they could pile them. It's over the top, and gets worse each year. I'll never quite understand that. A woman and her husband checked out beside me and had a total due of just over 700.00, I almost gasped out loud and caught myself. I tried not to judge, and thought MAYBE she's buying for more then her own kids? Maybe she's buying for charity too? Does any of that even add up to logical? 700.00 spent in Toys R Us - not me, no thanks!

We'll put our tree up next week, I had planned to do that today but just didn't get motivated! We haven't even pulled down the decoration boxes from the attic yet, I guess we may do that Sunday. I'm just thrilled that all I have left to do is get a few cards in the mail, get some stocking stuffers, and 2 small gifts for teachers (getting those tomorrow). Then we'll be completely done.

Today I am thankful that the antibiotics seem to be working! I am feeling a little better and actually haven't used 2 boxes of tissue yet today!!

0 comments: