Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Memo - No sick days for mom

You can’t call in sick on the job, when the job is being mom! I’m not saying in anyway that my kids weren’t understanding… but they still needed me and I didn’t want to be needed today! I had a high fever all day, finally got an appointment with the doctor for tomorrow – I’m worried it’s the flu at this point. But life went on in our house, diapers still got changed, kids got fed, taken to and picked up from school, my work was completed for the day (job), and then my husband comes home and says ‘if it’s the flu, wouldn’t you feel a lot worse’???? Now, my husband IS understanding, and is NOT pigheaded when it comes to someone who is sick – but this question made me think about my own mom! When in my entire life do I remember ever seeing her so sick that she couldn’t manage to get our days handled, meals prepared, house remained tidy and in order, and schedules remained as best they could. I can count on one hand how many times I remember actually seeing my mom so physically sick from either the flu, or a surgical procedure that she couldn’t go on in her day. I’ve decided mom’s are built with superhero genes, and it’s not at all like being a martyr. A mom’s work must be done. That’s how our love goes!

Today I am thankful for my understanding husband and children. (I wrote this post on Wed. morning – trying my best to keep up with my 30 days of thanks!)

0 comments: