Friday, November 16, 2007

Random

The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child. ~Joe Houldsworth I thought of that quote when I took this picture.

I tip-toed in to give Jesse a kiss before I went to bed. I’m selfish I suppose, I go in nightly and kiss his cheek while he’s in dreamland. I didn't do this everynigt like this until after my brother passed away, death has a way of making it clear that these types of moments are what make memories so precious. He never wakes, or even stirs – the photo was taken in the dark w/ a flash, he didn’t even wince. What’s funny, is that he was sleeping the exact same way Jonathon sleeps – arm back, knees up!

Today I am thankful for random acts of kindness. Today’s random act of kindness was bestowed upon my family – and without mentioning who, and what, I am completely grateful.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! I continue to be amazed at how many things we have in common. I couldn't help but notice Jesse's sleep sack in this picture. Baeden slept in a sleep sack (we call it a gown) until we couldn't squeeze him in it anymore (around 2, I think). Lachlan still wears his gown every night. It's part of our little night-night routine.