Friday, November 30, 2007

It happened again.

It happened again... I've been hit by another random act of kindness. A few weeks back, a random act of kindness was bestowed upon my family... and again today, by someone else all together. I work for someone who has a kind heart - I've been working as a independent contractor for the company I previously worked for up until Jesse's birth (worked there just over 6 years) and I must say I was surprised when I left there today. Remember the tire incident (below post)... I'll just spare the details personal finances and say that we're not frivolous in spending, so a tire incident (just after spending over 500.00 on new ones) wasn't in our plans... we're in no position to just toss money here and there with me deciding to stay home and changing our income significantly by becoming self-employed. Anyway... as I was getting ready to write a check today, my employer hands me my keys and says to have a good afternoon and to get going, he knew I was in a hurry to get Ezra from school and was 1 hour away at the dealer, I was stunned. I left there not owing them a dime, and on top of that he noticed my oil change was due and handled that as well. I'm just at a loss for words - random acts of kindness are few and far between really, and for me to be given the gift of two in one month - well, that's something to be thankful for right there!

"Surround yourself with people who respect and treat you well." -Claudia Black.....I'm thankful for being surrounded by good people.

0 comments: