Monday, November 3, 2008

grasshotter



I'm working a little while the boys hang out together and the little one kept saying "mommy grasshotter" and I didn't understand - finally he says "look, mommy, look, grasshotter" and I saw this giant critter on our window from the inside of the house.
We went outside to say hi to the grasshotter. I was able to snag a few photos of it.... when out of the corner of my eye I see the toddler coming with a small stick.


him: "mommy I get it"
me: "it's ok, mommys taking a picture of him"
him: "no mommy, I get it"
me: "ok"
him: -wacking at the bug gently-"mommy, I got it." "Bye grasshotter"

It was cute. The oldest was surprised that the little one was going to disturb this big grasshopper-like bug. It seems like every bug we see now the little one wants to either pick it up or put it on a stick to play with it. I suppose I should prepare myself for frogs in his pockets...

2 comments:

Bones said...

That's precious.

The RockStar said...

Of course where we live, my 5 year old already tried the frog thing ... turns out it was a poisonous toad and he ended up blinded for about 45 minutes. One trip to the emergency medical place and $150 later .... however .... giant grasshotters ... you can not go wrong there